Friday, April 30, 2010

A Simple Conversation with GOD


I found myself on the kitchen floor, at first to retrieve the pill Polly neatly left after finishing her dinner. I stayed there. It seemed a great place to begin my conversation with the Lord. I have been praying and thinking about my speaking engagement tomorrow, but had concerns for people I know and love....so I lifted them up to the Father. He was listening. It was a sweet time and ended in a song He once gave me to sing to Him...and all I want to do is kiss your nail-pierced hands and all I want to do is gaze into your beautiful eyes, waltz across the water with You, I know you'll hold me tight...quietly, Polly nudged me as if she knew I was finished with my time.
Ah! A walk would be perfect, though a little late, I am up for it. Can I just say how perfect it was? Perfect. But! before we traipsed out into the balmy, cloudy, soft-breezed evening, the thought occurred to me: whoa, there are varmints out there, having been reminded by one of my many co-walking neighbors recently. So,I prayed a simple prayer:
Lord, please do not let us come across a skunk or raccoon or anything that creeps me out, okay?
Though she (Polly) nearly pulled my arm out of its socket a couple of times, we were more than unscathed...we got a walk in that can be beat! I feel so energized and grateful. I love life. I love the scent of Spring in the gentle breeze. I love the kindness of a simple prayer answered. (so swiftly, I might add!) I love that Jesus walked with us. I love.