Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Answered Prayer~in progress!

When I was in Yokohama for an unusually long-distanced speaking engagement, the Costache Family made arrangements for me to meet the couple I prayed for to have a child.

Here is the deal: they did not believe in God. Though, rather taken by the ongoing witness in Christian Costache, he shared their secret desire to have a child....who knows? perhaps this guy and his wife, due to their commitment to their God will help our longing to have a child. the doctors say, "No." Maybe "God" will say, "Yes?!"

I received a call from Chris and Aurora and they asked that we would agree in prayer (Matthew 18:18 & 19) for this couple. As we prayed, I sensed that the Lord wanted to give them a time-table...before Christmas, you will be pregnant, I heard it loudly and clearly (this was at the end of October/beginning of November in 2007). They found out they were expecting before Christmas break!

Back to the luncheon....see the picture of the family? Mom and Dad are filled with joy! Their son is a treasure to them and a darling little one, healthy as can be! I spoke with him rather candidly about the answer to prayer and God's demonstration of power in that. I will tell you this: Though he is not yet a believer, he is far more close to realizing that there is a God due to the prayer of agreement and the display of God's love in his arms. This is called "supernatural soulwinning," I believe! To God be the glory!

Before you know it, their hands will be raised in praise to the One who answered that prayer!