Monday, May 10, 2010

The Healing Fest, a controversy?

This week, I have determined that the Praise Co. Revival is the healing place and therefore, we are having The Healing Fest. I actually announced this about 12 days ago. Since then one of my co-worker's father has died and one of my close friend's husband passed away. Life truly is so fragile, a flicker. At one point or other, this life does indeed, end. Where do we go? The decision is made right here. Either we spend eternity with God, or apart from Him.
These 2 men, now gone from this life...so sadly missed by their families, having left such a mark on their respective lives. This blog is written with Joseph Huk Sr. and especially Richard Olson in mind. I knew Richard. He was one of my very first advertising partners. Olson Oldsmobile, what a great place! I have the privilege of speaking at his funeral service this Wednesday morning at Brightmoor Christian Church in Novi.
We live in a fallen world, and as a result ...we get sick, lose jobs, spouses, our minds and sometimes we have antique leafs of oak dining room tables fall out of the closet square on our toes as we reach for the vacuum cleaner. I wanted to get my cleaning done and then bake for Toni and her family. My plans ended abruptly when I opened the closet door.
I stare longingly at the toes to our right and wish/hope/pray that one day, I will have brand new feet. Feet that not only look pretty, but more importantly, feel pretty!!! I cried at urgent care as the pain was through the roof, I felt so lonely, not a stitch of make up on, and at first, the medical care was soooo sub-par that all I could do was pray. And I did. I prayed out loud at one point.
Blood loss, x-rays discovering 3 breaks, numbing and a bunch of stitches later...I am grateful that a real doctor came in and saved my third toe. Turned out, he is a listener. Sweet man. He and his wife will be taking their 4 boys to warmer temperatures fairly soon. Dr. Ryan.
I have a great deal on my plate this week...never expecting a "slow down" Guess you never do...I am grateful it is just a toe...not the whole foot, my leg, my life. Fragile, once again, I hear that ringing in my ears...this life is just that: fragile.
What are you doing with it???
Tonight, my listeners called in by the dozens with prayer requests. I promised I would pray and I will. Every day this week at 6:30PM. I am expecting answers from God. It is called FAITH, and I plan on using it. It would be terrible to ignore one of God's greatest gifts.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.