Monday, February 1, 2010

5 times fast

The Monday expedition was the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Only it was closed to us commoners due to the fact that the Mexican president was about to arrive. There was no room for us at the inn (smile).
So, next stop was: weaving our way over to the Tokyo Tower. It is similar in design to The Eiffel, only it's orange. Didn't someone once say that orange is not the new pink?! They were so right! Now, can you tell that I have been spending quality time with two young girls?! They are The 2 oldest in the Costache family: Abbey and Jackie, and they are in a word: fabulous!!
Okay, back to Tokyo and the older girls day out. I could easily be the mom of 2 of the 3 that I was with, ask me if that matters~nah.
One of the girls is planning her wedding, just imagine how amazing it is to be traveling on a high speed train from Yokohama to Tokyo and be looking at pictures on a phone of a precious young woman dressed in her wedding gown in a dress shop in Royal Oak MI! Cracks me up.
Even as I write, Shannyn Caldwell and I have just spoken and I am now hearing my plea to The WMUZ audience to give to the "Help Haiti" fund through Compassion International. Amazing, especially since I still have my jammies on:-)
Sooooooo we decided since we were going to go to the observation deck, why not go to the sierra?!
That is where one might be challenged to say, 5 times fast: timidly, we went to the tippety top of the Tokyo tower on a terrifically cold & cloudy day.